Prior to the formation for Reagan Smith Energy Solutions, Inc., Monica Smith Griffin was a petroleum landman for five years. During that time she gained valuable experience in dealing with various regulatory agencies such as the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Bureau of Land Management and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. She has used this experience to create a company that allows operators to navigate complicated regulations and procedures.
With her extensive knowledge of Federal and State regulations and leasing procedures, she is the backbone of Reagan Smith, providing assistance in all aspects of the company. Monica works closely with all the departments of Reagan Smith ensuring efficient and accurate work product for all clients. As the President, she is responsible for guiding the company through the ever-changing energy sector and spearheading new endeavors.
Monica has a background in Contracts, Environmental Law, International Law, and Petroleum Transactions. Monica is also a senior partner at St. John, Griffin & Krieg, P.L.L.C. which focuses on Native American and natural resource law.
- University of Maryland, Caesarea, Israel
- B.A. in History and Anthropology, University of Oklahoma
- Oxford University, Brasenose College, England
- M.A. Natural Resources Management, Texas A&M
- Juris Doctorate, Oklahoma City University
- Member of OCAPL, TAPL, AAPL, OIPA, OBA, ABA, AWEA, ASEA
- USFWS Section 10 Biologist - American burying beetle